The purpose of the CSU shall be to negotiate, submit for approval, and enforce collective bargaining contracts for its members; to improve the working conditions and economic well-being of its members; to protect and advance the interests of its members; to gain recognition of the importance of the classified staff in the functioning of the University of Massachusetts Boston; and to support public higher education in the Commonwealth.
Did you know …?
- You have a right to review your official personnel file in Human Resources
- You have a right to dispute your evaluation
- You have the right to ask for reclassification via Audit Guide, whether or not your supervisor says you can.
- If you’re working outside your job description, you should ask for reclassification
- Overtime is not usually mandatory; however from time to time there is mandatory overtime. (see Article 10 section J for clarification)
- When you are told to work overtime, you must be paid, unless you request Comp. Time instead. The choice is yours, not the supervisor’s.
- When using Personal Time, you are not obligated to state the reason for taking it
- Personal Time cannot be unreasonably denied.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com